Our client, a MedTech company, is currently looking for a Software Application Engineer, who will specify, design and develop embedded and applicative software.
- In collaboration with the team and external engineering partners: specify, design and develop embedded and applicative software modules of the robotic surgery system, as well as applications used to service, diagnose and configure the system
- Participate to the full system design, prototyping, implementation and support verification activities (software, electronics)
- Author or contribute to the architecture and design documentation, requirement documentation, verification and validation plan and reports, and risk analysis in compliance with Class IIb medical device (i.e. IEC 62304) under an ISO 13485 Quality Management System.
- Expert in C programming for embedded platforms (e.g. Texas Instrument)
- Expert in C++ programming applications for Windows desktop and Embedded Linux
- Expert in design and architecture of GUI applications (model / view decoupling)
- Strong experience with Qt, ideally for Medical Device
- Experience with .NET desktop application development is a plus
- Proven knowledge of good practices in software design and development: design control, risk management, and verification challenges (unit, integration and system test)
- Experience with development under medical device regulations (ISO 62304) or equivalent regulated industry standard (i.e. aerospace, medical devices, rail, nuclear)
- Experience with communications with low-level firmware (OS-free or RTOS embedded targets) through serial field buses (e.g. UART, CAN)
- Mobile communications with high-level software (interfacing with cellular modules, file transfer, data streaming and Web Services) or IoT programming experience is a plus
- Experience with Requirement Management Tools (Polarion, Rational DOORS, Reqtify, HPQC or similar)
- EPF/ETH level with degree or similar in a relevant discipline, such as Computer Science, Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in embedded and hardware software development in a regulated industry (i.e. aerospace, medical devices, rail, nuclear)