Regulatory Compliance Officer - LUXEMBOURG
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
An opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Compliance Officer to join the Governance services team in our Luxembourg office.
Summary of the position
The role will consist of supporting all the legal and regulatory compliance activities of the Luxembourg entity, as well as taking part in international projects and implementing global procedures on a local level.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer will work alongside the Assistant Regulatory Compliance Officer and support the Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer responsible for monitoring, advising, training and reporting risk and compliance matters and issues relating to the legal, fiduciary, corporate and fund services businesses in Luxembourg, Malta and Monaco.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Regulatory Compliance Officer will be expected to:
- Oversee licensing requirements and regulatory obligations (including reporting, applying for new business products, etc) for all licensed entities and individuals in the Maitland operating entities in Luxembourg ;
- Ensure compliance of the operating entities with applicable regulations (AIFMD, FATCA, CRS etc.) and provide support to address and manage forthcoming EU regulations through diagnostics, gap analysis & impact studies;
- Maintain appropriate written procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and group policies, and to monitor adherence to such procedures in order to demonstrate to the CSSF that the business seeks to adequately manage its compliance risks;
- Ensure that all affected entities have made the necessary data protection notifications, and ensuring compliance with applicable legislation, group policies and procedures in connection with data protection obligations;
- Assist in promoting a culture of compliance and risk awareness, and the provision of training to staff in the relevant entities (as applicable).
- Undertake projects such as those projects addressing new regulatory initiatives, such as the implementation of 4th AML Directive, GDPR and review of existing policies.
- Monitor suspicious transactions and provide reporting and escalations as required.
- Identify potential sanctions.
- Consider the political exposure of potential clients and act appropriately.
- Perform compliance monitoring tests and AML checks and complete monitoring files, investigate and clear any resultant findings.
- Prepare compliance reports and follow-up on outstanding action points and recommendations from previous reports.
- Contribute to the oversight of the administration, distribution, investment management and transfer agency delegates.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of the Luxembourg Funds Industry regulatory framework;
- Discreet and confidential manner;
- Confidence and persuasiveness, with the ability to motivate colleagues and support the embedding of a positive compliance and risk management culture;
- Be well organised, with the ability to work autonomously and deal with a busy workload;
- Be prepared to get heavily involved in the running of the regulatory compliance function, investigate complex structures and consider appropriate KYC requirements and risk categorizations.
- Fluent in English. French and/or any other European language would be an advantage;
- Well organized with the ability to work autonomously and deal with busy workload;
- Self-motivated, mature and able to use initiative.
Education and Experience
- Master Degree level qualification, or equivalent, ideally in Law or Compliance and Risk Management;
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in the Funds Industry, preferably within a compliance, audit or legal environment.
Learning and development:
- You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring;
- Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis;
- Self learning;
- Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required;
- Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer will report to the Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer based in Luxembourg.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.