The Manager Payroll Luxembourg is responsible for all activities in relation to the processing of our in-house Payrolls for Hourly and Salary associates, and Expat Payroll. In the execution of his job the Payroll Manager leads a small team of associates in charge of the operational running of the payroll(s).
Aim is to guarantee the correct payment of employees on time and in compliance with all Company, Financial and SOX requirements, and according to local legislation. S/He is responsible for accurate reporting to Finance and the local government for taxation and social security.
In addition, the incumbent needs to perform all necessary payroll controls to prevent compliance issues.
Principle Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by coaching and training employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To join our team, you will need:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Solid financial acumen
English is a must. German and/or French are required
Skills & Other qualifications
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Team leading experience
- Knowledge of applicable local and state rules and laws
- Proficiency in SAP Payroll
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work efficiently on problem analysis and problem-solving skills