Legal Manager - position located in Luxembourg
Group of Companies Sodrugestvo| Luxembourg
Sodrugestvo is an international agro-industrial group with significant activities in Russia, the Former Soviet Union, the Baltic Region and Brazil. The global headquarter is located in Luxembourg.
The Company is focused on serving agricultural markets with the highest quality products and services.
We are looking for a full-time Legal Manager (M/F) to provide support to the Legal Department in our
Headquarters in Luxembourg.
- Luxembourg Center
Job objective :
- Support the Head of Legal – Regions in EMEA and off-shore jurisdictions.
Job description :
- Organize legal support of the companies in the Regions to ensure legal compliance in accordance with their corporate law in particular;
- Corporate secretarial work (EMEA and off-shore):
- Ensuring of compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Organization of board, shareholders and other meetings; drafting agenda, minutes and extracts thereof;
- Electronic document workflow (processing of internal documents - minutes, shareholder decisions, powers of attorney, etc.; arranging for internal approval, signature, execution, including communication with notary public and arranging for apostille);
- Ensuring that decisions of the boards of directors are implemented.
- Communication with regulatory and external bodies;
- Maintenance of company records;
- Dispute resolutions with focus to general corporate law and management of external councils in EMEA;
- Intellectual property;
- Drafting agreements and other legal documentation;
- Take measures to amend or terminate companies’ internal regulations violating applicable laws;
- Ensure methodological management of corporate law work;
- Organize the education of staff on existing internal by-laws, commercial legislation and practices and their implementation;
- Develop proposals for improvement of contractual compliance control of the companies for the Regions;
- Preparation of legal memoranda on various aspects of general corporate, labor, civil and commercial laws;
- Manage preparation of analytical and informational presentations/reports to the Head of Legal – Regions and/or the Management on the results of execution of contracts, transactions and related decisions in the Regions;
- Organize preparation and filing of necessary pleadings, petitions, claims, etc. with the judicial and arbitration authorities in order to protect rights and interest of the companies in the Regions regarding commercial law matters;
- Represent the companies in the Regions in front of any judicial and arbitral authorities, as well as other governmental and public bodies in connection with commercial law matters.
- Organize filings with regulatory bodies for licenses, permits, certificates, etc.
- University Degree in Law (MSU or MGIMO); LL.M. from leading UK or US universities;
- 5 - 7 years of experience in management companies or industrial companies in Luxembourg, Brussels, Vienna, Amsterdam or Zurich with focus on general corporate;
- Hands on, enterprising, detailed oriented, with strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, negotiation and cross functional skills;
- Fluent English and Russian.