Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients and a premium brand in global wealth management. That is why a comprehensive range of services and first-class service quality are essential – as are the committed teams that provide them.
Data Privacy Officer Europe (m/f) - full-time / fixed-term contract pregnancy replacement until 31.03.2019 - position located in Luxembourg
As Data Privacy Officer Europe you are responsible for all data privacy matters in the European Hub (Bank Julius Baer Luxembourg) and also for providing oversight, functional guidance and support on data privacy matters to Julius Baer entities in other European countries (e.g. Spain, Netherlands and Ireland). Data privacy matters include the coordination and /or processing of data requests, the execution and/or coordination of activities in case of data breaches, the oversight with regard to the inventory of private data, advice on data privacy as well as the relationship with the relevant supervisory authorities. You are also responsible to develop the data privacy framework in line with European standards and Julius Baer global standards. In this context you collaborate closely with IT, Information Security, Risk Management and Legal in the European entities as well as in Head Office in Switzerland. As member of the Legal team you also support the team on various legal related matters.
- A minimum of 5 year experience as lawyer, or a similar qualified position, with a strong exposure to European privacy laws
- Proficient in writing privacy policies, technology provisions and outsourcing agreements
- Solid banking experience, preferably in Wealth Management
- Flair for information technology
- Hands-on, very organised with a strong sense of priorities and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to team work with global stakeholders and readiness to travel across Europe from time to time
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, firm and assertive
- Proficient in English and German (oral and written)
This temporary position is available as of 1 March 2019.
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. You can find further interesting job opportunities from the Home Page or under Similar Jobs section.