Application Closing Date:10-03-2021, 11:59:00 PM
The OECD is a global economic forum working with 37 member countries and more than 100 emerging and developing economies to make better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. The Organisation provides a unique forum in which governments work together to share experiences on what drives economic, social and environmental change, seeking solutions to common problems.
The International Energy Agency (IEA) is an intergovernmental organisation committed to advancing security of energy supply, economic growth and environmental sustainability through energy policy co-operation. The IEA operates as an autonomous body within the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Both the OECD and the IEA seek opportunities to work with an increasing number of non-members of growing importance to the world economy.
IEA’s Information Systems Unit (ISU) provides the IT infrastructure, systems and applications in support of IEA’s core substantial work, including the management of energy statistics databases and related applications. The IEA is looking for a data engineer to join our data management team and help with the ongoing modernization of our data architecture and infrastructure. The team focus is to develop a new and modern high performance, scalable and cost-effective centralized data platform, based on data warehouse design and modern data science tools, providing analysts and economist with a high quality and a reliable data source for performing in depth energy market research and analysis.
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Lead Data Solution Architect and the Head of the Information Systems Unit.
- Work with data, software architect and other teams to analyse, develop, test and deploy optimised, data and business intelligence solutions to help manage our growing data infrastructure.
- Develop and build maintainable and well-tested code and tools, using current data technologies, ensuring quality solutions are implemented and software best practices compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and other back-end services, enriching and maintaining existing data pipelines; design algorithms to access data and optimized data retrieval.
- Develop dashboards, reports and data visualizations.
- Provide technical expertise including on design choices and code quality criteria.
- Help improve and maintain new and existing data architecture and infrastructure, helping with the overall support and management of data, improving system operations, troubleshooting and remediation, ensuring system availability and performance.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Data Management or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in software development, data engineering or infrastructure design for business intelligence solutions or data systems, with skills in statistical and data science .
- Skills and experience with a variety of data store including data warehouses, RDBMSes (ideally MS-SQL and Oracle) including database administration, mastery with query and procedural languages like SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL and data modelling concepts (dimensions, facts, star-schema) using SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or Postgres databases.
- Skills and experience in data modelling, data cataloguing and metadata management and ability to create database objects, composing complex queries, indexing, and writing stored procedures. Proficiency in building efficient algorithms and data structures (arrays, dynamic programming, trees, graphs, heuristics) and database schemas.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS), including designing, building, and maintaining metadata models and complex ETL packages, demonstrated capacity to build data infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, loading, and visualisation of data from a wide variety of data sources, automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Experience using data visualisation tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights with expertise in tools such as Microsoft Power BI. Knowledge in data exploration packages like Pandas, numPy or data visualisation packages like ggplot and mathplotlib are a plus.
- Strong skills in Python or R or strong expertise in other languages are a plus.
- Demonstrated written skills to develop detailed documentation relating to a business solution.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as to work collaboratively and effectively in small technical/engineering teams
- Understanding or familiarity with Azure Data Platform (Factory and Databricks) are a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen mid-March and panel interviews are planned for mid-April.
- Two year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.