Essity Consumer Goods is currently looking for a Customer Marketing Director for region France, Belgium and Italy. The Customer Marketing Director will be responsible for managing and developing the customer marketing function in that region.
This market is an important one for our Essity Consumer Goods business. We have a number one position with Lotus in France, one of our key brands in Consumer Tissue representing bathroom tissue and handkerchiefs. We launched baby diapers in 2017 under the Lotus brand in France as well. On top of that we represent brands such as Tempo for handkerchiefs in Italy, Nana and Nuvenia for Feminine Care and Demak'Up for Beauty Care.
The position is located in Paris / Saint-Ouen and reports to the VP Sales & Marketing Consumer Goods Region France, Belgium, Italy.
Purpose of the role
Leading Category Management, Insight and Shopper Marketing in the region, the Customer Marketing Director represents the voice of the shopper and acts as insight leader with the objective to activate and grow our categories and brands in the offline and online store. You will contribute to our Consumer Goods Business Unit Customer Marketing strategy and participate in the regional strategy and business planning process, playing an important role in the Regional Management Team.
As Customer Marketing Director, you will be the leader of an international, dynamic and committed regional team. You will also work in close cooperation with Regional Consumer Marketing and the local Commercial organizations, as well as with our international Customer Marketing colleagues.
- Lead, direct and develop the team based across the region
- Lead business intelligence and market research with focus on shopper, customer and market
- Drive insight and understanding to help influence purchase behavior across the path to purchase including channel management
- Lead Category growth through internal alignment on areas for growth and through building partnerships with retailers to develop the long-term category vision and short to medium term category strategy
- Secure category management way of working including category planning process, input into pricing strategy, category promotion strategy, merchandising and assortment and customer marketing planning
- Develop and implement shopper activation excellence in Shopper Marketing, including promotion management, shopper input for packaging development, product launch and re-launch, communication to customers & shoppers and input into account planning
- Secure cross functional relationships with customers and providing added value services
- Lead business planning cycle process
- Plan and manage related budgets
- Drive and/or contribute to best practice sharing, networks and projects
- University Bachelor's Degree required, with a master's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten years' experience from customer/consumer marketing and ideally sales positions gained in FMCG, or related industries
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives in a matrix organization that deliver results to the business
- Leadership experience gained in international and remote environment with the ability to build strong cross functional teams
- Very good communication skills, also in matters that are complex and deal with diverting interests
- Very good project management skills
- Ideally experience in creating or working with insights
- Fluent in both English and French (oral and written)
- Experience with international markets
- Ability to travel both domestic and international
We are looking for a responsive, committed and result-focused leader who can build, lead, motivate a team, and drive a long-term stable level of profitability and growth.
Please provide your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Essity at a glance
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through our products and solutions, essentials for everyday life. The name Essity stems from the words essentials and necessities. Our sustainable business model creates value for people and nature. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as Jobst, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 48,000 employees and net sales in 2017 amounted to approximately SEK 109bn (EUR 11.3bn). The headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information at www.essity.com.