Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 54,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, and life insurance products and services in more than 210 countries and territories. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
We value experience and know-how of our employees and the value they bring into the organisation.
Claims Assessor (f/m)
The Claims Assessor investigates, negotiates, regulates and settles standard claims through desk-top investigation under close supervision in the most effective, efficient way whilst delivering a customer-centric claims service, in a manner which supports Zurich Basics.
- Promptly handles and resolves enquiries from both customer and internal/external contacts to ensure delivery of a focussed claims service within own authority limits in accordance to reserving philosophy
- Efficiently manages referrals from claims teams/customer care center for investigation populating appropriate data systems to ensure transparency of activity and audit trail. Identify promptly cases which need upwards referral due to complexity or value
- Conduct appropriate desktop investigations including telephone interviews with customers, claimants, witnesses and any other persons relevant to the investigation and proactive management of the claim
- Correctly interprets/gathers information to effectively assess the value of the loss/scope of work and to recognise potential fraud indicators and recovery opportunities
- Gathers information regarding any potential financial impact of liability decisions on premium, precedent and underwriting account and communicates with the appropriate internal team
- Reviews, resolves and proactively finalises recommendations for finalising claims ensuring settlement at an optimum level with consideration to business implications
- Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information to understand claims performance
- Certified Insurance Clerk ( Versicherungskaufmann/frau)
- Work experience of 3-5 years in a claims department of an international insurance company, ideally in (corporate) life insurance
- Fluent in English and German (mandatory), French or any other language will be an asset
- Ability to develop trust based relationships and a network of knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team-oriented, systematic and goal-orientated operating
- Experience in coordinating work with multiple parties involved on an international level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work
- Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all
- We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities
- We offer an attractive and competitive salary package in accordance with your education and experience
- This position will be based in Luxembourg and you will directly report into the Head of Claims