Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
The Luxembourg Office, with around 110 lawyers and 10 Partners, has been a leading and respected player in the Luxembourg legal services market. Luxembourg is one of the world's leading financial centres for capital markets, private equity and investment funds.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining the Business Professionals, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The purpose of this role is to support the development and implementation of marketing strategies for our different Luxembourg practice areas. The successful candidate will report to the Business Development, Marketing & Communication manager in Luxembourg and will liaise directly with partners, lawyers and other Business Services professionals.
In this role you will work together with the local and global business development and marketing teams, partners, lawyers and other stakeholders.
Contract: fixed-term contract (CDD)
Hours: 40H per week
- Develop and prepare marketing materials for client meetings and events;
- Assist with client pitches and proposals;
- Assist in submissions to legal directories and league tables, including drafting legal awards entry submissions and managing collection of rankings and awards;
- Manage standard BD and marketing materials (capability statements, brochures, deal lists and presentations) and ensure those materials are kept up-to-date;
- Produce and maintain targeted client lists in the Firm's database (InterAction);
- Develop further the Firm's reputation through targeted marketing communications and publications (newsletters, client briefings) both print and digital;
- Assist in all facets of PR and event coordination, from drafting invitation to conducting post-event feedback sessions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as marketing, sales, business administration, law, etc.;
- 5 years' experience in professional services or large corporate environment. Previous legal marketing experience is a plus. Alternatively, you are a young lawyer who wants to pursue an alternative career path;
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg Financial market place;
- Experience in working on competitive proposals and pitches, ideally within the legal market.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and meticulous follow-through;
- Practical, proactive, commercially minded and service driven with a "can do" and positive attitude;
- Team player who is also self-motivated and can work independently.
Language and IT skills
- Native English speaker, Fluency in French.
- German and/or Luxembourgish would be considered as an asset;
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM tools (such as Interaction is a plus)
Please upload your complete application in English online (CV & cover letter). Incomplete applications will not be considered.