The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences. With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples, its research activities impact on people’s health. At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine. The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.
To support Research Development and Innovation (RDI) activities the IT department provides IT advice and know-how
in order to enable RDI staff to concentrate mainly on their core activities.
To be part of the IT team, we are currently looking for an :
Permanent contract, full-time, entry date: immediately
- Update and maintain systems hardware and software inventory.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain software and hardwarinstallation and configuration instructions.
- Install, assemble, configure, administer and maintain LIH systems software (including the messaging software) and hardware and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Participate in projects and teams as assigned by th IT Infrastructure Manager and perform associated tasks.
- Assist in the development of application solutions for users’ operational needs (set up of databases, ERP development and configuration etc.): users needs’ analysis, assessment and set up of existing application solutions or development of tailor-made solutions.
- Provide to the IT Infrastructure Manager updates on progress and encountered difficulties in its day-today activities.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Master degree in Information Technology.
- Previous professional experience of at least 2 years in a similar position.
- Good organisational and relational skills and analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good knowledge of the following:
- Systems: Windows 7/10, Windows server 2008/2012/2016, Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat/Centos), VMware vSphere and View/Horizon
- Infrastructures: Active Directory 2012, Exchange 2013, SQL Server, IIS, RDS/TSE, Apache, Bind, Nagios, Cacti and Cisco
- Concepts: VLAN, Routage, Firewall, IP Phone, Reverse Proxy and Certificates (PKI)
- Language skills: fluent in French and English (written and oral), knowledge of another language especially Luxembourgish is an asset.
Located in Luxembourg, LIH offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and multilingual environment that values personal respect and professional achievement based on the highest intellectual and ethical standards. The remuneration for this position shall be based on qualification and experience.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before 31st of August through the "apply" button below using the following Ref.: CM/ITSA0817/KD/ADM IT