GSK is looking for a
Head of Technical Services (M/F)
(Manufacturing Unit: PA) - WD153312
- As the Technical Services (TS) Head you will lead the local TS team in one of our vaccines manufacturing production units (MPU).
- The primary focus of your activities will be to ensure the availability and performance of plant assets and the uninterrupted and efficient supply of utilities.
- As a member of the MPU leadership team you will be co-responsible for the results of the production unit and to the alignment of your team’s objectives with the goals of our Belgium and Global Industrial Operations.
Your responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the manufacturing and supply strategy of the unit.
- Ensure the functioning of production and infrastructure equipment, SMR and automation.
- Maintain and improve equipment and installation of the MPU to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Partner with peers and stakeholders across the organization to work towards common objectives.
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day preventive and curative maintenance within the MPU.
- Design cost-effective and adequate maintenance and improvement plans while assuring compliance.
- Lead operational improvement projects (development, implementation, validation, revamping).
- Monitor performance progress efficiency of the facility through KPIs related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Safety.
- Provide technical and managerial support to direct reports.
- Ensure Clean Utilities, adequate pest control & timely painting.
- Manage process engineering projects (up to 250 K€).
- At least 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry, with minimum 5 years spent in production.
- Solid experience in industrial maintenance environment, especially in engineering/automation/project management.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Fluency in French and English.
- We appreciate if you have advanced knowledge of biopharmaceutical technologies and the various industry standards.
- Understanding reliability maintenance, utilities operations, automation, calibration & measurement, culture and purification in primary production environment is also highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and BPF for biological products is an asset.
- Because you are a seasoned professional with a desire to grow in a complex, innovative organization.
- Because you are eager to challenge yourself every day while developing a team of talented individuals.
- And because you drive change when it means improving the quality of human life around the globe and helping them to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK – one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries. Belgium is the global HQ for GSK Vaccines.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer. We are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves to improve the lives of patients and consumers, that’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the ‘Apply’ button below.
Tags: head of technical services, departementshoofd, head of department, chef de département, technical services, manufacturing strategy, supply strategy, supervise, supervisor, compliance, project manager, project management, process engineer, process engineering, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, automation, people management, biopharmaceutical, biological, services techniques, stratégie de fabrication, stratégied'approvisionnement, superviser, superviseur, conformité, chef de projet, gestion de projet, ingénieur de procédé, génie des procédés, pharmaceutique, biotechnologie, automatisation, gestion des personnes, biopharmaceutique, biologique, technischediensten, productiestrategie, leveringsstrategie, supervisie, supervisor, compliance, projectmanager, projectbeheer, procesingenieur, procesengineering, farmaceutica, biotechnologie, automatisering, people management, biofarmaceutisch, biologisch,