LuxTrust is a Trusted Cloud Services provider created and supported by governmental, institutional and private partners. Its mission is to enable a digital world, ensuring the digital identity and security of electronic data of companies and citizens. The company provides state-of-the-art identification, electronic identities, digital signatures, electronic seals and timestamps solutions.
A business on human scale, oriented towards new technologies, we are now recruiting a:
Chief Legal Counsel (m/f)
Position located in Luxembourg
The Chief Legal Counsel shall be the reference legal person within LuxTrust. She/He shall provide legal support to all commercial and corporate activities of LuxTrust on national as well as international bases, and shall follow regulatory evolution which might impact LuxTrust’s business compliance.
Roles & Missions:
Involvement as applicable in all projects and matters related to, among others:
- Trust Services & Solutions provided by LuxTrust (digital identity, authentication services, signature and other trust services, dematerialization of processes, etc.)
- Suppliers and Customers contracts setup and management, including negotiations
- Corporate issues
- Dispute and Liability issues if any
- Executive management and Board matters as required
- M&A and Business Development topics
- Compliance and Regulatory anticipations and issues
- Management of liability exposure of the Company
- Assist Sales in the elaboration of compelling proposals / SOW, by providing detailed estimates, technical analysis and delivery-related content
In those tasks, She/He shall ensure coordination with and support the other LuxTrust teams and departments. In particular, She/He shall closely interact with the Information, Security, Risk & Compliance team, especially with regard to compliance to data-privacy regulations, as well as to all other national and international rules applicable to LuxTrust’s business (among others: PSF, GDPR, eIDAS, AML, PSD2, etc.).
- Writing, review and negotiations of all suppliers & customers contracts
- Manage contracts over time as required
- Advise on setup an appropriate Contracts Management System to exhaustively centralize up-to-date contracts and agreement-models
- Ensure links between contracts and financial flows/systems
- Support Sales and Pre-sales activities as required
- Thrive to minimize liability exposure of LuxTrust company within binding agreements and commitments
- Suggest contracts changes and legal processes optimization to the benefit of the company
- Analyze legal impact and exposure of potential new products or customers
- Handle dispute or litigation as required together with management
- Follow regulatory evolutions and trends within national and European frameworks
- Anticipate from such regulatory intelligence the potential impacts on LuxTrust business operations, and the potential changes required in LuxTrust’s services and/or processes
- Work closely with the Information, Security, Risk & Compliance team in order to ensure full compliance of LuxTrust with applicable national and international regulations and laws
Qualifications & Skills:
- Master in Law (Luxembourg and/or German/English law(s))
- Complementary Master in Compliance is an asset
- Proven experience in IT Industry Services corporate and business legal matters
- Experience in Compliance and National/EU regulatory matters
- Has track record in legal & regulatory matters management (corporate & business)
- Long-standing applied experience in industry-related contract negotiation and management
- Expertise in national (Lux) business laws, European laws and regulations. Knowledge in other international laws, and in other specific legal frameworks (tax, finance, …) is an asset
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Thinks strategically - Results driven and autonomous at work
- Solution and business minded
- Opinion leader, innovative / creative
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Rigorous and methodic
- Can leverage experience in IT and/or technology business
- Fluency in English, both oral and written; knowledge of any other languages (French, German, Luxembourgish, etc) as an asset.
More than a company, you join a real project with entrepreneurial spirit and a long term vision. Development opportunities are present and require special commitment. You integrate into an enthusiastic and multicultural team in a friendly and professional environment. Permanent contract based in Capellen – Luxembourg. In addition to a competitive salary, in accordance with your education and experience, we offer other benefits including an employee benefit plan.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application along with a CV by e-mail to Mr. D. Fonck :